Have you started to use V8i?

Kurt

Fantastic stuff there. One of the main reasons I dropped MS was the outdated render. THis brings it well anf truly up to date and makes it a contender in the visualisation world again.

Of cause that depends on how easy and robust it is to use.

Has it been intergrated properly?

jhv

Hi Justin,

The integration is still a work in progress. In order to bring it to the users, Bentley has adapted / expanded the existing material editor rather than starting from the ground up. As they are phasing out the current raytace and PT systems, they arent worring about adding new functionality which would break the old renderes.

The luxo renderer itself is in a seperate "frame buffer" window which is removed from the Microstation process. Thus it is multithreaded and you can contiune to work in Microstation while rendering.

I'm still waiting for the offical release before I do an apples for apples comparison with vray on a large scale interior. Like all rendering engines, small scenes / objects are quick and easy to render. The large realife projects test the software.

Simon.

As you say, it is the real projects that test properly. Large scale interiors, like those you and I work on are tricky for most renderers and almost unusable with PT. Possible but not easily.

I was quite excited for ms when it was anounced that it was adopting the luxo renderer. Having it a separate render buffer sounds like a good idea.

Send my greetings to all

jhv