merging car model problem

mervin_lim23

hello, im having a problem merging my car model on my scene, everytime i merge the car(model) in my scene all i see are series of boxes or some of the car parts are visible in the scene and the rest are all boxes. i dont know why. i thought there something wrong with the model car file but so i open the car model as a new scene, i actually worked. any help? thanks

Mervin,

Im just guessing here, but....

I think its a 'group'. You need to hit 'ungroup' or 'open group' in the group dropdown. Use 'open group' if you would like to preserve the group after youve done what you need to do.

Then right click on the objects that appear as boxes. Pick 'Object properties', one of the tick-boxes in there is 'display as box'. Untick this and yoou should be able to see the object geometry.

Post a screen-shot or a render or both Its much easier to see whats giving you problems.

• 4 weeks later...

i found out the problem. i'v already done the unchecking solution but no luck its still series of boxes evrytime i merged. what i did is i opened the model car in a separate session of MAX and chaned the units configuration. i chaned the units to millimeters ,which of course i always use, and saved it. then i opened the scene on where i will merge the car and it worked. i hope this helps to other experiencing the same problem.