Maxwell isn't rendering all the objects in Rhino

noni_mus

I'm trying to render a Rhino file, but it's not picking up all the objects in the file.

Rhino file:

model05c1f-1.jpg

Maxwell image:

model05c1f.jpg

As you can see, the top and bottom aren't rendered. Can someone please explain why it's not rendering the entire file?

my guess is that your normals are flipped. Isolate the faces that aren't rendering (hide everything else) and go to: Analyze > Directions, and make sure that your normals (arrows) are facing towards the camera (outward).

What I usually do is make sure that all my objects are double sided (have a thickness). So you could easily extrude the surfaces that aren't showing inward, and thus your perimeter geometry is still "as is." Even a 32nd of a inch will do the trick.

hope this helps.

my guess is that your normals are flipped. Isolate the faces that aren't rendering (hide everything else) and go to: Analyze > Directions, and make sure that your normals (arrows) are facing towards the camera (outward).

What I usually do is make sure that all my objects are double sided (have a thickness). So you could easily extrude the surfaces that aren't showing inward, and thus your perimeter geometry is still "as is." Even a 32nd of a inch will do the trick.

hope this helps.

Thanks! I'll give that a try