Max to Autocad!! - Need to create 2D drawings from 3D model

tasi55

:) Hi guys,

Been trying successfully solve this one but no luck. Workflow is this, I have designed and modelled a building in 3D Studio Max, now I need to get nice clean drawings from the model done in Autocad.

Does anyone have a good workflow for this?

I have tried the FLATSHOT command in Autocad and had no success and I cannot use the SECTION tools in Autocad either.

Can someone please help!!

Thanks guys

Have you tried used the section command?

you go create_shapes_section and you create your section either horizontal or vertical and raise it to the level you want. when you hit create, you can name it and save it separately! this way lets you make infinte number of sections with a simple click!

I hope that's what you're looking for ;)

-export .dwg from Max

-explode your instances which have been turned into blocks... make sure everything is exploded so when you do the next step you don't end up with lines not resting at 0 on the z axis.

-change to world ucs and use the flatten command to reset all lines position to 0 on the z axis.

-> remove hidden lines = yes

-xref the flattened drawing along with the site plan and re-draw it.

I have never worked from modelling in 3DS Max to Cad without the process involving a redraw. Especially if the project is going towards working drawings... not a simple process in my books.

the workflow is a little strange (max to autocad), but i would have thought FLATSHOT would be the best autocad solution.

SECTIONPLANE (or live sectioning ) won't work because it depends on solids, not imported MAX surfaces.

maybe try extract edges (XEDGES) - this will find all the edges of solids and surfaces and put them on a new layer.