make a model walk ?

Hello

I'm working with the R8 XL-bundle

I'm trying to make a movie of a small city.

The buildings, trees, cars , textures, come from Archicad, no problem their

I already made some cars move arround in the project ,

but now i want some people walking on the side-walk.

I've found some characters on the internet in a "jezus-christ position", i think these are moveable people?

Now the Question :

Normally it's done with mocca, doiing motions, but it looks huge (memory) to do some simple walking.

Is their a small plugin to make these people walk from one point to another ?

withh kind regards,

Jo

what format are these people, and what is a "jesus-christ position" ?

are they full 3d meshes, because if they are, they can be boned up and rendered into the scene.

but this would be a nightmare for a complete beginner and a very unecconomical and unorthodox way of adding moving ppl into scenes.

best thing for moving ppl is to use something like RPC or Marlin Studios.

Importing into C4D retains materials and basic mapping co-ordinates, but not usually IK info.

[ March 03, 2003, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: STRAT ]

Hey Mr. Leworthy,

These objects are in a 3ds-fomat

The "JC-position" meaning that their legs are together and the arms are spread 90° (standing like a cross)

the site i've got them is :

http://www.turbosquid.com/HTMLClient/FullPreview/FullPreview.cfm/ID/126810/Action/FullPreview

I've looked at RPC-people, thats it !!

if you buy them, can one simply put them in the scene and make them walk ?

What does "but not use IK info" mean ?

with kind regards

Jo

that cop is 31k polys, absolutely noooooooooooooooooooooo way, you'd give your pc an instant hernia!!!

RPC or Marlin Studios r the solution. both these companies produce walking ppl you can just drop into the scene.

I.K. description from the help file - Inverse kinematics (IK) uses a goal-directed method where the animator positions a child object and the program calculates the position and orientation of the parent objects. The final position of the hierarchy after all of the calculations have been solved is referred to as the IK solution.

Applied IK requires that one or more parts of your IK structure is pinned to animated follow objects. Once pinned, you select any object in your kinematic chain and click the Apply IK button. 3D Studio VIZ then calculates the IK solution for each frame of the animation and places transform keys for every object in the IK chain