Path animation showing building construction

smvwhite

Just wondering how one would go about setting up the splines/motion paths to animate numerous parts of a building that fly around and eventually settle in place to show the building being constructed.

I refer to the Tronic 56 Leonard visualisation of last December, and the more recent film by WOW in Tokyo called Infinity (youtube search). Sorry can't post links to sites yet (new member).

Any websites that would point me in the right direction (tutorials?) would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Just wondering how one would go about setting up the splines/motion paths to animate numerous parts of a building that fly around and eventually settle in place to show the building being constructed.

I refer to the Tronic 56 Leonard visualisation of last December, and the more recent film by WOW in Tokyo called Infinity (youtube search). Sorry can't post links to sites yet (new member).

Any websites that would point me in the right direction (tutorials?) would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

I was under the impression that these animations started with everything in place and then deconstructed. The video is then flipped to run backwards and give the effect.

Yeah. Starting at the end reversing explains how things fit neatly into place. But a swarm of parts flying around on seemingly random paths? Wondering what sort of maxscript or work it would take to get that to happen - with so many paths I mean it wouldn't be set up manually I wouldn't think. I haven't found any scripts on scriptspot that look like this.

On the cement one, it seems like there is a combination of flipping/spinning of 'bits' - tutorial on 3dtotal called The Box. Where the ground is being constructed just before the boy runs on it, could it be an animated bump/noise map that moves along making it look broken and then moving to smooth (in combination with the flipping poly idea)?

Can anyone confirm this?

Must give this a try to see if I can get these things to work but my main interest is how to get numerous paths to look random to provide the 'swarming' of building bits before assembly.