Microstation to render FUR and GRASS?

Kurt

Microstation to render FUR and GRASS?

yes, it is possible with the newes beta (availavble via Select download)

here are some testrenderings I've made, just as examples, (100% created within Microstation) :

grass-best.jpg

moai1.jpg

original.aspx

yes! It's the same render engine as in Modo 401 - but the GUI in Microstation is just an expanded version of the typical Bentley material editor - no shader tree (good move, I think)

Very nice renders Kurt.

I gave up on MicroStation about 2 years ago, I was really disspointed of it's lack of displacement and the render times.

Tell me, does the render times are better now using the modo's engine?

Congrats

I have no idea what the heck you guys are talking about!!

Luxology's rendering technology is, as far as I know, one of the most advanced in the market. It's capable of stunning results in very reasonable times (in Modo, it also has RT rendering since a few releases ago, pretty much the same as VRay does now via a new plugin). Not to mention it's being developed by some really capable fellows, who really know their stuff.

Last year, they signed an agreement with Bentley to make their renderer (Nexus) available to MS users. The stuff they are coming out with is really great!

I've used Microstation for many years, and I admit that I have struggled a lot with the rendering capabilities of the program. I've tried VRay and Maxwell Render with some luck, but I hated the fact that I had to export the file and render in another software. With luxology render this not a problem anymore - it is 100% integrated in Microstation, and it works almost perfectly, yet it is still in a beta stage.