Max2010 and Vray SP3a at half power

Devin Johnston

I've been messing around with 2010 today and right off the bat I hate the new interface, don't know why they have to mess with a good thing. Beyond that I was doing some test scenes and noticed that Max was using only 50% of my available processors, I've got a dual processor system running Intel W5580's. I've checked and multi-threading is turned on, I've seen some talk about bitmap paging slowing things down but I don't think that's what's going on here. Anyone seen this before, is it a Max or Vray problem?

No I don't use MR.

point "."

Haven't seen issues but then again we haven't really switched over from 2008. I almost want to say rendering goes faster in 2010 (vray)

and i'm also hating the extra menus

• 4 weeks later...
I've been messing around with 2010 today and right off the bat I hate the new interface, don't know why they have to mess with a good thing. Beyond that I was doing some test scenes and noticed that Max was using only 50% of my available processors, I've got a dual processor system running Intel W5580's. I've checked and multi-threading is turned on, I've seen some talk about bitmap paging slowing things down but I don't think that's what's going on here. Anyone seen this before, is it a Max or Vray problem?

I have been waiting a more flexible interface like this since MAX 4!

The new tools have reduced the need for SO MANY external scripts that it's just crazy.

There is nothing to hate about the new interface, you can practically turn off and remove all the new UIs that you don't like and use max like before.

I don't have any problems with multithreading here using a quad, using VRay too.

Check CGtalk if u don't find a solution to your issue here.

Good luck.

e. Lang