converting MR pro materials to vray materials

nelpiper

There is nothing yet. Vray (Vlado) said that they would come with something soon, but as there is many proMaterials, each one with their own settings, that does represent lots of work. I'm waiting for that moment as well.

They are not Arch&Design materials in the way you are used to thinking; they are mental ray shaders based on the mia_* mental ray material (the same one on which the Arch&Design material is based). However, there is no real Arch&Design material behind them as such.

Anyways, like I said, we should be able to support them to a useable degree soon enough.

Best regards,

Vlado

• 1 year later...

I wonder if there is an intermediate material type that would work for the vray scene converter. Something like the Revit to Fbx to Max pipeline. It seems to me that Autodesk won't go out of their way to make this translation easy anytime soon :(

I looked on Scriptspot but haven't found anything yet ... If anyone finds something let us all know. Cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I own this plugin and it is amazing. It will convert all the Autodesk materials to vray with very little issues. Stefan, the plugin creator has done an excellent job here. I tested it with an FBX linked in from Revit and it worked great. Totally worth the small pricetag!