House Extension

sygboe

Hello,

This is a proposed house extension i've just 'finished'. I've been doing sketchup models for ages, but only recently started to try more photorealistic renders, so i'm quite new to it.

out of interest, what would peoples charge for this kind of before and after single image for an architect?

thanks,

i had trouble with the bricks being too red before.

so i made my own map from the same bricks on an existing photo.

but when i render the colour seems to differ quite a lot.

it was vray/sketchup.

i keep trying to shift the colour balance a little in photoshop, but cant seem to match it.

are there any tips to achieve this? like desaturate then contrast and brightness. i just seem to fiddle and fiddle, but it would be good to know some basic things to bear in mind.

I'd use the colour balance option within photoshop so you can indivually adjust the RGB values to get it near. If this messes with the rest of the image too much I'd render out just the brickwork separately in vray and overlay it over your photoshopped image.

i put the bricks and tiles on new layers, and fiddled with brightness contrast hue and saturation. then tried colour burn and whatever in the layer options.

it seems to have dulled down to fit in more. does it look better?

i put the bricks and tiles on new layers, and fiddled with brightness contrast hue and saturation. then tried colour burn and whatever in the layer options.

it seems to have dulled down to fit in more. does it look better?

yer looks much better, 10x better than the original.