Rel 8.1 up-date

STRAT

Haha, you beat me to it Strat. Dang continents and time zones.

This does look like one hell of a free update. Improved hardware lighting, phong shading, shockwave support, thinking particles and dynamics. On top of all the improvements in those areas, Cinema now has full HDRI support as well and an adjustable stochastic radiosity mode. The fastest just got faster. cool2.gif

Additionally, as noted on the front page of CGArchitect, TreeFrog 4 is on the way and it will be released for Cinema first (OSX and Windows). This will be an integrated plugin just like advanced renderer or dynamics. I'm still uncertain about its Net render functionality though.

Frosty

yup, looks kewl

btw, you mentioned "an adjustable stochastic radiosity mode". i pressume you're on about the new "Identicle noise distribution" modes available in both radiosity modes?

tryed it yet? what does it do exactly, only i not yet read the manual.

Wow, amazing update!

I never got wind from anyone about the full HDRI support and Stochastic mode update. With just those two things plus the improved OpenGL support it’s just like Frosty said, the fastest did just get faster!

Hey Strat, I know in the past HDRI didn’t really float your boat. Do you think C4D’s latest update may change your view on this? :D

Man, I have some things pressing that are due, but this may get a look from me today, pretty hard to resist!

paul

HDRI rendering still doesn't really excite me like it does everyone else, but if it's per course as described in the PDF then why not?

Normal HDR image based lighting is a normallity in C4D anyway, but if actual HDRI rendering ups the general quality and gives extra sparkle and realism with minimum hastle and no extra render times i'll prolly change my view.

i'm gonna do some gi and hdri testing over the next few days, with view to keeping render times rock bottom. mind you, with my new dual xeon 2.8 scsi controlled 1 gig ram 'pute delivered this afternoon i'm sure i'll be wetting myself over the render times :)

watch this space......

Me neither.

AFAIK some on the C4D/CGTalk forum did have some probs if they had modules installed in locations that weren't in the right places.

I think that was the case, I'm not really sure because it worked for me also, so I really didn't pay attention to what was said :)