Glass reflection problem

alfienoakes

I have a staircase that has a glass screen next to it. Now the glass is normal fresnel glass, and reflects in most instances how I want it too..

But, where its is picking up a bright reflection on my floor, it is really over blowing it. Have a look at the image and you will see what I mean.

Not sure how to stop this, as I dont want the glass any less reflective, nor the floor. The floor wil have a proper map applied, and the glossys will be upped, but other than that, it will stay reflective.

Any clues would be great. Glass on stairs is as follows

Diffuse - dark green

Reflect and refract 255 white, fresnel IOR 1.6 and fog of.01 dark green

Affect shadows on.

Thats it really.

Cheers

I have a staircase that has a glass screen next to it. Now the glass is normal fresnel glass, and reflects in most instances how I want it too..

But, where its is picking up a bright reflection on my floor, it is really over blowing it. Have a look at the image and you will see what I mean.

Not sure how to stop this, as I dont want the glass any less reflective, nor the floor. The floor wil have a proper map applied, and the glossys will be upped, but other than that, it will stay reflective.

Any clues would be great. Glass on stairs is as follows

Diffuse - dark green

Reflect and refract 255 white, fresnel IOR 1.6 and fog of.01 dark green

Affect shadows on.

Thats it really.

Cheers

just uncheck the specular setting for the light/s outside of the window. Looks like a v-ray light specular reflection.

Hey Mohammed..

No luck there.. but I do know what is causing the problem.. I just need to work out HOW to fix it.

The floor has a glossy reflection to it. If I turn the glossies off, and re-render with normal reflections I have no problems, the glass comes out correct.

So, it is the floor glossies that is the problem in the glass.... Any clues..:confused:

Cheers

Hi Stephen,

Yeah, I tried the invisible sun, and that didnt work, and also tried upping the glossiness of the floor, but still did the same thing.. In fact, I tried loads of settings on each material, max depth, glossy, interpolate.. Nothing seems to make any difference..:confused:

OK..

The only thing that I can make work here, is to either set the floor to have no glossy reflections, or, the less glossy they are the better.

So I will have to render the floor with the glossy as I want it, then re-render a region of the glass, with the glossy set at say .9, then overlay in post.

Fed up of it now......