Bath Interior

jinsley

Hi guys, don't do interiors too often, so I am looking forward to this little project... threw this together last night and today... still need to finalize some materials and get better images for the maps, and add some more props like art, etc...

Done in max and mental ray with some levels and colour adjustment in cs3...

If anyone has some feedback or tips, let me know! :)

Thx in advance!

-JI

Gee, that bathroom is bigger than my apartment...lol...

Anyway, I think the image is a bit too dark for my taste. A bethroom is a moisty place by nature, and being that dark it gives the impression there is some mold around... Then again, it's probably a metter of personal opinion. Nice job. ;-)

Gee, that bathroom is bigger than my apartment...lol...

Anyway, I think the image is a bit too dark for my taste. A bethroom is a moisty place by nature, and being that dark it gives the impression there is some mold around... Then again, it's probably a metter of personal opinion. Nice job. ;-)

haha... yeah, me too! project is 8000 sq.ft. you should see the garage! Don't know if I will be asked to model it or not, but it would be a very nice excuse to purchase some nice car models.

I agree with you Rick, much too dark. Once the lighting guy gets done with it, things should improve alot. Will adjust the interior lighting to match the floor plans when I get them and re-post.

Thx for the feedback.

Finished for now... brightened things up abit like rick suggested and made a change to the floor material which I think helped with getting the daylight into the room alot... also removed the trees right outside the window...

• 4 weeks later...

These are some minor things, but instead of using that concrete texture with ridges on the wall, I would model actual ridges on the wall. Because the lighting of the ridges in the texture is different than how it is in the room and it sort of breaks the illusion. Your bath rug also looks kind of like jelly because you can't see the individual fibers on it. Turn the ambient occlusion on in the area rug material and it should help add some detail to it.

Other than that everything is great.

• 4 weeks later...
Excellent work! How did you do the round bath mat in the center of the room? It looks real and i'm looking at creating one for a scene of mine :)

thanks

drew a simple spline to make a single thread, enabled rectangular

rendering options to make it quarter inch square -->

convert to edit poly and snap pivot point to one end of it -->

rotate 3 time and make instances and then attach all 3 -->

use particle flow to distribute over a circular mesh, randomizing size variable and horizontal rotation -->

render.

enjoy... maybe not to clear, I've had a few beers tonight at the pub...