Conference hall interiors

dogragurjeet

Hi,

Recent project of mine... still in the lighting and texturing stage after 2 days of work. I am facing a peculiar problem with the wooden floor, that of specular reflection. When i try to reduce the refl glossiness of the material i get noise in my reflections. I am using low settings for the vray renders. Could that be one of the reasons.

Secondly i would like opinions as to how to improve the lighting overall and anything that needs fixing. The project deadline is 2 weeks away and i have still some time for experimenting :)

Thanking you in advance

composition should have more foreground. not balanced looking. All ceiling. Maybe change your camera?

materials need work - top table material looks like its got no definition. Walls are also very bland - a matt brown.

top table - you might want to chamfer the edge a little. Nothing is perfectly square.

scene is very flatly lit, like theres no shadow? The IES lights don't pop.

Adding to what has been said:

-Add some plants to liven up the image.

-Add some items on the conference table - laptop, glasses with water etc.

-Shift camera so it doesnt crop the chair.

-Company logo on the wall (if this is personal work, if not ask client or designer)

-Floor wood seems very cheap, use a different texure, add some bump and some glossy values

Cranking up the IES lights intensity is crucial to this image as wasteland giant pointed out earlier.

hey gurjeet

the image is getting there - i think the number of the cloned chairs and couches by the wall is a bit annoying - would it be just as perfect like this in real life?

also you may want to do some searching around of other people who've done conference rooms and check out some of their techniques.

good luck,

• 3 weeks later...

this is what i have come up with since last time. Please ignore the materials which have not been worked on till yet. I got a stupid 1GB P4 machine which i work on so it kinda gets slow and hangy... :) I would love to have your input on the lighting and the materials of the furniture and flooring. I found the shadows a bit too odd (for the chairs). This is caused by proposed track lights which i am placing directly above the table in the parts of the ceiling grid which is exposed. Dunno if it looks ok, might need to tune down the lights it seems to me

C & C most welcome... Looking for your inputs.

Thank you in advance

Hi Gurjeet,

I would suggest you to change the camera view first. Or may be use Clipping planes so that the chairs dont look wierd!!!

Then Would like you to change the floor material, do some bump mapping and play around with the reflections....

Why dont you also try adjusting the Hglossiness and putting Rglossiness to .95 to .99

and try rendering may be the floor would look good... Infact i would suggest a darker wooden flooring.

And yes ofcourse i agree with HORHE that you shall put a logo on the wall.

Also I agree with thaddeus BRITANICO about the anti aliasing. Do check the filter that you are using.

thanks a ton videep

I have not yet used AO on this one, will be doing that when i get the lighting correct a bit. Post work makes me jittery, dont know much about it anyways.

Will try and make things work the way u ppl have suggested. First of all will try to hit the floor.

Thadluv : I would love to know what you mean by changing my linear workflow a bit?..... should i play with the gamma or the bright and dark multipliers. Adding contrast also went a tad over my head. I mean should i brighten up the lights more or increase their contrast coiefficient?.

All your inputs are really helping me improve :)... keep them coming