Duplex

Sourpickles

First thing I have uploaded on here so be gentle! I made this and completed this about 9 months ago. I have learned many, many new techniques how ever and wanted to implement them into this. I've been able to get my hands on 3d plant models and such so I scaled this back to the basic model and will take it from here.

I plan to add on the trees, persons, and a few more 3d objects, as well as a nicer sky for the background. When I'm done with this I will post the older version to show the difference and boy will there be I'm sure.... haha

Any comments are welcomed. I would love to learn and get better as every one else here does. Thanks!

Yea not going to go too nuts. will looks similar to the older version except nicer! :) I made some grass using a MrProxy after reading this.... http://www.peterguthrie.net/blog/2009/04/vray-grass-tutorial-part-2/ .... so that'll look nicer. I'm debating on the background though. I saw a Vyonyx tutorial on how they make there skies from scratch. Thought that'd be fun. making clouds in Photoshop and not from a actual photo is kind of a nice touch.

I'm hoping to start this when I get home tonight from work. This is just a for me project. No clients here for this

pretty nice for the first post.... i personally took ages to reach where you are right now. What softwares/plugins are u using?..... Try out tree storm for trees. fantastic tree models, and you could light up ur scene with hdri lighting too..... cheers. really excited to see what magic u can weave :)

Three quick points.

-Consider putting a kerbstone edge onto your pavement.

-Find a better grass texture.

-Change your camera position to a more human perspective. It may help if its eye level (somewhere around 1700mm off ground level). You seem to be floating at around 4m off the road at the moment?

@dogragurjeet- I'm using 3ds Max and Mr. I'd love to use tons of tree plug ins that are out there but dont have the money to buy them. I found trees from the Autodesk Seek that are a smaller version of Xfrog. Those are what I'm placing in instead :) I gotta be creative. I dont do this to make money....least not right now. I did a while back.

@BillyElNino- I moved my camera around an have it at a 5' height. Thought it was before but it was at 12' or something...must have bumped it. Far as grass goes I'm using a mesh now so that grass texture will be gone.

I have a pretty old computer at home that ir I ng time. this outthere itd take a very.....very long time. I need a new computer badly! So brought it here to work and going to try to get a render out during the day if I can if not then over night and have some thing in the morning! :) Thanks for all the comments! Much different here then on say....Evermotions site where if you have a US flag or say your from America, my friends and I kid that your not going to get a comment haha

If you can't afford trees then just get outside and photograph yourself a background. It'll look better anyway. Should be pretty straight forward to find yourself a handsome tree line to stick in and a nice sky...

I checked the weather for you, its 26C and clear, thunder tomorrow so nows your chance!

Edited by BillyElNino
I felt compelled...

Ha ha funny. That's what I was telling the guy here. He needs to take photos of some house for a case we got going! It's over cast perfect for photos!

In any case here's what I got rendered off. Going to get the Trees on its own pass laster or over night. Then attack the reflections on windows and so on. Got the mesh grass in there though!! :) Turned the camera and every thing. So steps 1 through what ever are done haha

• 2 weeks later...