Boxy house extension

WAcky

Hello!

Finally I'm working on a design that's a bit more interesting than the usual dog boxes I work on.

I've been lucky enough to gain a bit of artistic licence with the building designer as of late so I got to do a more interesting lighting setup for this one. I've been under massive pressure to finish this quickly so hopefully I can revisit this soon to fix a whole lot of problems. I'm onto a rear view now!

C&C welcome!

60871238.th.jpg

Landscaping again. I would add some of the shrubs you have on the left fence to the fence on the right. This would help ground the building and fence into the landscape better. Just a thought.

Do you have a path to the drive? It is hard to make out.

I really like the direction you have taken the feel of the image.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Tristan: I'm using a 23mm focal length for this one so nothing really out of the ordinary. The house actually has an angle on the front so this might be visually confusing. Its subtle and I can see what you're saying.

Jakub: The leaves have a texture but the translucency is making the texture fade a bit too much. I think they're a bit too transclucent for the type of leaves i'm going for now that I look at it again.

Greg: The junk on the ground is leaves and mulch and stuff so it's kind of covering everything at the moment. I agree with the lack of landscaping to the left. The unfortunate strip of light right at the base of the fence makes it look like I've comped it terribly :p

Thanks guys. This is now past the deadline but hopefully I can revisit this one soon. I'm rendering out a rear shot as we speak and I'll probably post it later if I'm happy with it.

Cheers!

Thanks Nic. I totally agree. There are a few gaps back there that really detract from the image. I had a spec map on the driveway, but since it's in shadow it just didn't work for me. Bricks were going black and stuff :confused: so I forgot about it. Not enough time to weed out all these little problems is so annoying when they stick out like dogs...things...

Here is the rear shot. Once again there are areas of this image that I didn't have time to finish. There is supposed to be a water feature in the shot but the client wants the renders last week. Some patchy entourage and so forth too.

I don't think the sky matches quite right too...

Anyway C&C is welcome! The job's now done but like I said I'd like to revisit this one some time soon.

beaumaris02.th.jpg