Too much noise!!!

videep

Hello Everyone,

I jsut made a new interior using max and vray.

The problem that i face is that there is lot of noise in the render.

i used IR preset as Very Low,

Light cache as 100.

Noise thresh hold as .001

still there is a lot of noise...

Please help.

so you're using very, very low-quality settings but expecting a good result?!? Try raising (I forget what it's called -it's under settings) subdivs above the default 8/1. Maybe try 16/8 and see if that works. If you're using Vray1.5, put noise back to .01 to start -.001 is normal for older Vray.

Hey David

ThankYou for your suggestions.

I tried to increase min subdivisions to 16 and golbal subdivs to 8,

But the rendering time increased tremendously, which i cannot afford as i dont have a hig profile computer.

What i have is core 2 Quad 2.83GHZ, 4gb ram and 1gb nvidia geforce 9500gt graphic card.

I am still trying some test renders so that i could reduce the noise.

ummm Not a plastic couch.... How do i improve on it??

Here are the jpegs of the material that i used.

1st is material wrapper, 2nd is the vray mtl that i used.

3rd is the diffuse map that i used

and 4th is the reflection map.

Please tell me how i can improve.

Thankyou.

More than a 100 views and no c&c's !!!!

Quite surprising.... One that i got was for the sofa and when i discussed the material, there was no response???

Was that i a dumb question??

The sofa needs some more refining in terms of texture and/or modelling.

Is it made out of fabric? Is it leather? Does it crease easily? etc etc.

A simple white colour does give the illustion of a plastic pumped sofa, even if a little bit. This applies if you do want deeper into details with your image.

Ps. The amount of views does not neccessarily reflect the potential readers that can reply to your thread. Bear in mind that the system also counts every time you view this thread ;)

EDIT: Add some items on the small coffe table, some coffee cups perphaps. Add some shaders to the lamp on the right, so its not all white.

Edited by Horhe

The sofa needs some more refining in terms of texture and/or modelling.

Is it made out of fabric? Is it leather? Does it crease easily? etc etc.

A simple white colour does give the illustion of a plastic pumped sofa, even if a little bit. This applies if you do want deeper into details with your image.

Ps. The amount of views does not neccessarily reflect the potential readers that can reply to your thread. Bear in mind that the system also counts every time you view this thread ;)

EDIT: Add some items on the small coffe table, some coffee cups perphaps. Add some shaders to the lamp on the right, so its not all white.

ThankYou Jakub for replying.....

Well Can you tell me what should i do with the material so that it looks like a sofa which is made out of leather???

I have already updated the coffee muga and the lamp shader and now just waitig for the sofa to get perfect so that i can render. As I told you that it takes 2hrs for a single render, i would like to make all the things right then render as i am not able to spare 2 hours and render multiple times.....

Please check the material shader and suggest the changes for the sofa.

The material is posted in the above post....

ThankYou...

Why not go to vraymaterials.de and find a leather texture, then study how it is made? Sometimes learning backwards is the best method. The difference between leather and plastic is first the texture (you need a bump and displacement map) and second the absorption of light (you need more roughness). Without being aware of light dynamics in the physical world, you'll never be able to achieve true replication in a virtual world. So go study!!!:D

I would first like to thank Jakub, Adam, David and Nic for their valuable C&C's. I respect all. Now that i have taken into consideration all the above mentioned things, I would like to learn more. My rendered scene will be up shortly but from the previous render, I would like to ask about the lighting....

Is it fine??

1. The lamp on the right is a little cropped, doent look too good composition wise.

2. Looking at the image the second time, you could try and make it at a wider ratio, would look more interesing IMO.

3. Always think about who will live in your interior, who it is aimed at when creating personal portfolio. (Just a note for future images ;) )

4. The lamp cap needs a different material, where would the light be comming through if it is indeed all solid?

5. The sofas need a leather texture (if they are made out of leather), look for reference furniture and try to mimic it from there:

http://images.google.pl/images?q=leather%20sofa&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=pl&tab=wi

6. Seems the wood grain on the left behind the chair is a bit too big IMO.

Thankyou So Much For replying.....

I have got some Questions:

- What is ment by a wider ratio?? My image size actually is 2880 x 1980......

- Well the wooden texture was an image that i put and used a UVW mapping on the plane that I used as the floor. So what exactly is wrong?? Are the tiles too big in length or width??...

- By the way how is the lighting??

ThankYou...

You seem eager to improve, which by far is the best quality.

So here is a full crit.

What I believe he means is the bump map you have on the floor is too strong. Instead of using a bump to separate the wood panels try using a slight variation in the glossiness of the boards themselves.

The main thing to observe in your image is the contrast. If you look at your image the area that you want to show off has the least amount of contrast. Too much ambient light. The area that has the most amount of contrast in your image is the books, so the eye is drawn to this and makes it the focal point of your image. Think about the color of the lights and how the light should fall off. Notice your back white wall is almost completely evenly lit. If you cropped out the window and ask someone where the natural light was coming from they would not know.

Take your image into Photoshop and put a levels onto it and look at the histogram, you see how most of the information is in the brights, you want to have a full range. Also look at in black and whit and you will see what I mean.

Technical crap:

Floor texture need work. Look at making it from a tiles map then using bitmaps of just wood. Or make your own full floor map, with bump, spec, ref, gloss, etc. Make sure your map is as big resolution wise as you will see it in the render.

The hard edge of your creation object for the hair fur rug is killing it.

The uv mapping on the back wall seems to distort quite a bit on the bend.

Add bump or reflection texture to the back painting.

Change frame to work better with the painting.

Solid gold lamp does not make much sense.

Add wrinkles creases in leather chairs.

Work on leather material.

Tea cups and tea pot slightly small

NEVER use the default max teapot in a render.

I hope this was helpful, looking forward to your progression. Keep at it, soon it will a really nice portfolio piece.

Hello Peter,

ThankYou for Posting a reply. Really appreciate that you have taken out a lot of time to post the crit. Infact it indeed has been very helpful. Actually m 19 so dont know about the technical stuff much and thats why it sometimes even becomes a little difficult to understand the crits...

But I could actually understand what you posted.

I am posting screenshots of the top-view plan. Actually I saw a tutorial where the person put vray lights inside all the windows, so i tried to copy him but rendering took about 3hrs. Till now any rendering i have donw was only with a single light in the scene. Now I shall be using my old technique and will render the output with all the changes that you wrote.

At the moment I am posting 4 pics

1- The light setup for 1st image,

2- Light setup, 1st image, source light.

3- 2nd Image (Only to show the lighting, not objects inside)

4- Light setup for 2nd image.

Also it would be great if you would stress on the Vray Image sampler,

when to use fixed rate, adaptive subdivision and adaptive DMC??