New Member introduction

David G Matys

Good Afternoon,

As new member I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself.I'm a 3d designer who for the last 15 plus years has concentrated my efforts in the design of Trade Show Exhibits and other related 3d challenges. Due to a down turn in this industry I'm exploring other related avenues for my creative talents. I'm looking to take my renderings to the next level with Vray, and looking for help. I'm located in the Boston area and would appreciate any help or direction for training.

Thank you in advance,

David Matys

Good Afternoon,

As new member I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself.I'm a 3d designer who for the last 15 plus years has concentrated my efforts in the design of Trade Show Exhibits and other related 3d challenges. Due to a down turn in this industry I'm exploring other related avenues for my creative talents. I'm looking to take my renderings to the next level with Vray, and looking for help. I'm located in the Boston area and would appreciate any help or direction for training.

Thank you in advance,

David Matys

Interesting. We haven't seen a whole lot of trade show exhibit work here. feel free to post some examples of your work so we can get a feel for what that's all about.

Please view examples of my work by visiting the coroflot web site and entering david matys in the portfolio search box. Dave M

I think you get much better feedback if you post work here. Thats really kind of a courtesy, if you're asking for help but cant be bothered to post your work it doesn't look too good ;)

The best, most constructive way to enhance your skills via cgarchitect is to get really involved. Its worth it, the people here are a very knowledgable community.

I think you get much better feedback if you post work here. Thats really kind of a courtesy, if you're asking for help but cant be bothered to post your work it doesn't look too good ;)

The best, most constructive way to enhance your skills via cgarchitect is to get really involved. Its worth it, the people here are a very knowledgable community.

Yep, I came back and checked your thread and when I saw that you wanted people to go to another website to look at your work I left it at that.

David,

You can embed jpegs into your posts using the attachment manager. Thats probably the way to go when posting images.

The one you posted is ok, but it can sure be alot better.

Trade show exhibit renderings are essentially product renderings. They are usually shown without context (as yours is) and rely on the material and lighting to convey a feeling of quality and luxury.

I think you need to look at some product renderings/photography, shot in studio lighting conditions. In particular, car shots. Highlights are very important as is contrast. I would say you should get creative with camera views as well.