Hallo Folks (Another new guy)

Arizkuren

Hallo Folks,

In terms of experience, I'm as green as it comes: My background is architecture (4 year Technology Degree), and my skills are limited to Sketchup, Photoshop, and Autodesk VIZ. I've been working 2 years for an architectural firm that does work mostly in Public School renovations, where there's little opportunity for 3D Renderings, which I enjoyed creating so much in college. I'd like to break into the field of Archictectural Vizualization, but I don't know the first place to start... :confused:

Is anybody willing to share their biography? How you managed to catch up with your ambitions? How you're able to work on renderings daily and actually get paid for them? How it all began?

Thanks.

Hi Antonio and welcome to the forums.

I suppose a good starting point is to have a good online portfolio available to show off your work.

Networking on here is never a bad idea.

There are a number of freelancing job sites, but most of them want a tremendous amount of work for the smallest amount of money possible.

Thanks Sandman. Or is it Mr. Ninja?

I know a strong portfolio is a must in this line of work, and without the deadline dangling over my head, or a boss to impress, it becomes a real exercise in self-motivation. I did notice there was a "Challenge" section in the Forums...

I think not having a deadline is a challenge to one's motivation.

To drag yourself to your computer and toil away with no direct monetary compensation against that time invested is always challenging.

I've recently organised my time and prioritised my 'projects' or things I want to accomplish. I set a reasonable time frame and when I accomplish it, I don't erase it - I tick it off. Seeing what you've accomplished is very important (to me, at least).

I think not having a deadline is a challenge to one's motivation.

Too true, too true. I'm definitely going to have to figure out what's the ideal setting where I can sit down and churn out something that I can feel proud about...

If I get to that point, I'll have to post my creations and grow from there.

Hi Antonio welcome aboard

Just start off a project and post it here in the Work in Progress section. It doesn't matter if it looks awful at first. You will be amazed at the help you get to bring it up to scratch, everyone here likes to show of their knowledge :) its how most of us learned. The important thing is to provide regular updates and recognise the help people have given. Also use that search button before asking something as it is usually well covered already.

Looking forward to seeing you progress

Tommy

Thanks, Tommy. There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable professionals on this website. I suppose that the hardest part would be getting a rendering actually started, but once I have a captive audience, I'm sure it'll be easier keeping the momentum going.