Printing shaded view (3D)?...

Hazdaz

This has been bugging me for YEARS now - in that I draw something in 3D (solids - ofcourse), but can't print/plot out a nice shaded 3D drawing of it.

The best I can do is grab a screen-shot of the shaded view (on-screen) and print it as a bitmap. But ofcourse thats more work than it SHOULD be.

hi There

Hazdaz,

you can add Materials, add Mapping and Lighting within Autocad to Those Solids and then RENDER It.

try rendering the Image to View to preview, then render to the View Window (then save) or directly to a file Then Print It.

i just finished teaching an Autocad 3d modeling class two days ago and everyone rendered their final output to a file to be printed out.

you can saveas TGA of TIFF, i converted to EPS in FotoChop: 3150 x 2400 at 300 dpi = 10.5 x 8 = .25 border all around a 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper

works just fine

Thanks

Randy

CESAR - Unless ADT is different than regular AutoCAD, the HIDE Plot command just HIDES a 3D model, and doesn't SHADE it, which is what I want.

VIZWHIZ - thats no different than what I am doing now - which is already more steps than it should be, and is something I want to avoid. All I want to do is print a SHADED (not HIDDEN) viewport of a 3D model in PaperSpace or ModelSpace (so its part of the regular drawing, alongside the regular Ortho views) - this reallly shouldn't be difficult since you can SEE the model shaded in the viewport.

NUNO - Importing into Photoshop is more steps than I want to do (like I mentioned above).

I was lookin at 2004's new commands and I didn't see anything in there that would help me with this issue.. did you see otherwise?

the new plot dialog box has a new feature that can print exactly what you see in viewport (shade hide render or wireframe)....when i talked with our autodesk dealer some time ago, he told me that...

...i hope i'm not saying something stupid orangeshy

nuno

no, no , no , or....

you can open your paper space viewport propertes and there is an option that calls for "hide plot" yes/no ; it is a drop down. Set it to yes. then when you plot / print it will come out shaded. i do this all the time in ATD. i am sure it must be the same in ACAD.

but dont tell anyone - this is a pro tip ok?

let me know if this helps