Studio Shot Improvements

bmcgonigle

i'd drop your High FG setting to about Low or Medium and have 1 or 2 diffuse bounces. (as long as you have an enclosed area to bounce light around - so do you have a plane under the desk?

If you're using Mr - have a look at a book called Rendering with Mental Ray and 3D Studio Max by Joep van der Steen - it's a really good reference with lots of mental ray light settings explained

good luck

I settled out the dark under belly of that beast using GI and making some changes to my studio setup. I actually had the model enclosed in a bowl shaped spline which was killing the light from the skylight. I'm tweaking settings and lighting now to improve things a bit.

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I'll post an update in the next day or so.

I settled out the dark under belly of that beast using GI and making some changes to my studio setup. I actually had the model enclosed in a bowl shaped spline which was killing the light from the skylight. I'm tweaking settings and lighting now to improve things a bit.

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I'll post an update in the next day or so.

Did you know that 'Belly of the Beast' was a Steven Segal straight to tv movie? A friend of mine was an extra in it. On set Segal was known as the F.O.C. (Fat Orange C*nt).