Hi guys Eric here :) nice to meet u all

phantommoth

Hi guys I just joined CGarchitect and just wanna say hello :D

And by the way, anyone have any ideas why the "grass" I made using hair n fur in Max 9 rendered out black???

I use mental ray, and a daylight system with mr sun and sky, everything else is pretty "default" so can't see why it won't render......

Please help~~~

cheers

Eric

Hi Eric welcome aboard!!

Could you not have picked a harder first question? :) I have tried that method myself and got good results on a small area but once I went to a larger area I got the same result as you. I think it is a ram issue. There are other posts here on how to do it but a lot of the time people use inches/feet and I can never get my head around how to convert to mm in the settings. There are other methods like displacement/scatter Jeff Patton has a good tutorial on displacement grass again though its in inches and I have problems with how it relates to mm.

There is any amount of info on this site and everyone is very helpful you just have to use that search button!!!

Tommy

Hi Tommy & SandmanNinja (cool name by the way, are you refering to Gaara in Naruto? Cus I'm a big fan)

To Tommy: Hey thanx for the reply to my question :D Um I've seen ppl posting threads on "The Area" forum regarding the same issue, which they said might be a bug in the unit system, because one guy said he tried to switch from inches to mm and he gets that "black grass", but his model wasn't big at all.....so which is weird.....

I'll get my hands on max 2009 soon, I'm still using max 9 which is pretty out dated....

Gotta sleep now, I'll check out Jeff Patton's tut first thing I wake up :D

Thanx guys & nice to meet yall

Regards

Eric