noise issue problem

mervin_lim23

sample10.jpg

set_up10.jpg

set_up11.jpg

set_up12.jpg

hello guys. here is a scene ive been working on. ive attached a portion of the scene and ive focused on the noisy portion of it. please evaluate my setup so that i will know where to adjust. pls. help me out with this one i will attached the wires as well and thanks in advance. sorry if it is blurred (image size 800X600)

Edited by mervin_lim23

Well, I think that if you lower Noise threshold under Settings tab -> DMC sampler in render window to fix noise problem, and your rendertime will be increased too.

Just to comment your work: I really like lightingin your scene. At first look it looks very realistic, and reminds me on Maxwellrender very much. Is that light on right side of last wire just fill lighting or regular artificial light as others on the ceiling?

Yeah no wonder it's grainy. Running 1, 4 and 0.05 for your QMC is pretty low. If your using the colour threshhold like this/ adaptive method, then use 1, 10 and 0.02 or 0.03. The higher this colour threshhold value the noisier your image will be.

It's probably not necessary to run you irradiance map at 50 either, try 30. You won't notice too much difference. You always want to tick use light cache for glossy as well; these will reduce your rendering time a lot.

Hope that helps!