entry to the building

thanks guys for the comments - your input is much appreciated.

Joel - good pickup on the shadows on the left - i'll work on that one.

Justin - i thought about putting the guy closer to the centre of the view so he would be looking at her and she would be talking to him ... but then we would all be seeing his backside in the centre of the image. so i either have to find better positioned people - or dump the guy. and will blur the reflections - the timber is polished but maybe not that high gloss ;)

thanks again.

Wow - that left side looks much better.

NICE interior entrance.

Very modern.

On the plus side for the girl - besides her ..er.. large assets, she helps with scale a bit.

It's probably the best 2D person I've ever seen in a 3D scene.

But like a story, if she doesn't drive the plot (or scene) forward, then drop her.

remove the girl, totally ruining the image.

put someone further inside with their backs facing us walking away (making sure they are matched to the light)

fix that timber mapping as well!

bit of post brightening and its going to look good.

thanks for all the comments - and as most have guessed - the girl is now gone too (the client's requests even though he liked her assets )

i'm still working on the mapping on the wood in the doorway, the interior is now lighter.

also the next challenge is to get the wood palings at the front to look a bit older. i removed reflection/glossiness/it has a bump with noise etc, i've added colour correction to remove saturation - anything else i can do to it aside from changing the texture?

The repeat texturing on the entry planks needs fixing

I am fighting with the composion. The landscape format isn't working. Try a portait, move camera to the left (slightly) and the target to the right. I want to see the end of the passage more. The bits to the side are cluttering and pulling the eye away from the entry rather than directing it in.

I really like the interior lighting now

jhv

I hate the people...they are never lit or staged right in these types of images :p but maybe your client really wants them? They take away form the model in this image way too much...I'd say they are about 30% of the picture...and too bright so my eyes go straight to them instead of all the work you've done.

Edit: Oh yay I didn't notice the second page...so glad they are gone!!! in the upper left hand corner...is that sky? or concrete. It's very flat and hard to understand there.

Hi kathleen and justin,

thanks for looking and your comments - yea the people are outta there :)

i'm considering putting a couple walking inside the corridor though - i think it would add to understanding the scale of the environment

on the upper left corner is concrete of the building wall - hopefully that will be gone once i re-orient the image

and justin - thank you for your idea - i think putting the image in portrait orientation will make much more sense - and will allow me to crop out the side stuff that isn't very relevant.

will post an update a bit later on

The interior just jumps out at ya and looks sensational.

Are the people hugging?

Loving the reflections in the glass.

My eye is following the inside of the inner door frame.

Start at the bottom and it seems fine.

At about half-way up, the reflection is playing tricks on my eyes.

(might be my eyes tho)

Door mat is a nice touch - is the text extruded splines?

Not much in the way of contact shadows on/under the mat, but that could be because of the angle of the sun.

hey joel,

thanks for the warm comments - the people are hugging :) i'm waiting on client feedback and hopefully they have a sense of humour :)

there are two windows on the corners of the wall which throw reflections/shadows all over the place and the door material is high gloss - so i imagine there is all sorts of stuff going on in there.

door mat - text is max text/edit poly and extrude face - this way i can edit the text and it will change automatically. and since it is sitting out in the front - it didn't get any shadows.

anyway let's see what the client says - we might be changing again :)

thanks again for the comments