Bonus Tools

STRAT

hi guys

i deleted the bonus tools accidently from my autocad this afternoon. i dont have a spare copy in the office to re-install.

Funnily enough bonus tools dont seem to be officially supplied with either desktop or rel 2000, so i dont seem to have them anymore.

Are they free? can i d/l them from AD's site somewhere?

just wondered if anyone can help me out before i contact my supplier.

Are you talking about the Express Tools for AutoCAD 2002? I got the AutoCAD 2002 Express Tools. File's size is 5.66MB . I would be able to set up an ftp withing an hour and a half. Let me know if you know a better way to tranfer the file.

[ July 03, 2002, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: CHE ]

Strat,

I got this message:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Express Tools

Sent: 07/03/2002 4:24 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

c=US;a= ;p=CH2MHILL;o=INTERNET;dda:SMTP=stephen.leworthy@hmagroup.com; on 07/03/2002 4:24 PM

The content length of the message is too long for the recipient to take delivery

The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=CH2MHILL;l=LIBERTY-020703212351Z-199444

MSEXCH:IMS:CH2MHILL:INTERNET:MESAVERDE 3903 (000B09AA) Message exceeds size limit

File size (zipped) 2.66MB

[ July 03, 2002, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: CHE ]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mwaychoff

just to clarify:

Bonus Tools was the Autodesk term for an enhancement product that was sold seperately from AutoCAD and was left over after SoftDesk was spun off from AutoDesk. This product was version 1-6 for AutoCad versions up through 14 on Win95.

Then Autodesk reveiwed the code and rereleased it as a VIP subscription perk called Express Tools. Every quarter a new version was supposed to be available. Unfortunately the last version was 9 in the first quarter of 2000. These releases support up to AutoCAD 2000 for Windows 98.

Since AutoCad 2000i Autodesk has repackaged the Volumes 1-9 of the Express Tools and made them available for sale on the Autodesk® online store.