3ds max 9 64bit on Windows 7 64bit

msanandkumar

Hi....

Does any one tried 3ds max 64bit on windows 7 64bit???

right now i have installed windows 7 and 3ds max 9 64bit, everything is working fine after trying hard.

But one minor thing is troubling me much........... that is when we open file which ask for missing external textures (bitmaps), its not accepting the last child folder, i mean for example i want to browse something like this.

D:\client\projectname\textures\images........ if i try to add the last folder images to it, it will stop at D:\client\projectname\textures. it is not taking the last folder......... does anyone know about this problem? if there is any solution for it please let me know.........

Thanks in advance

How long are the path and file names? Max 9 is getting old and I wonder if there is a conflict with the path names max 9 expects and the way they are formatted under Windows 7.

Try making a temp series of folders, with shorter folder names, nested under each other.

Like, d:\fred\proj\textures\name_01\aaaa.jpg

No spaces in the folder names and everything short.

See how that goes.

Hi SandmanNinja, thanks for your reply

But i figured it out, now i got this working............ and anyone can user max 9 64bit on windows 7 64bit.

The only thing we need to is, we just have to click on any one of the file inside the nested last child folder :D........ then it will automatically takes that child folder as the last folder, and in that way we can solve this issue.

THanks for your suggestion once again.........

if anyone wants to install this configuration and have any problems please contact me, i will be happy to help u out in this......... :)