Beach House...Interior

videep

Hello Everyone,

This is what I have actually done for my portfolio. Its actually an extended part of my previous rendr with the leather sofas. So here is a corner from which you can view the beach...

C&C's most welcome...

(please do Crit...)

1. Get rid of the DOF. It's totally incorrect and ruins the image. Your depth of field is about 300mm (1 ft) which looks like its at the base of the curtains. Why are we focused on that point? Forget DOF for now.

2.The exterior is totally out. Is this room in a houseboat? We should be able to see much more of the beach. It's making me seasick! :D

3.Looks like your materials are good but once again, the DOF is hiding it all.

4.The viewpoint is cramped. I think you should pull the camera or the FOV out a bit so we can get some more of the room in the shot. I keep looking over the top of my screen because I wan't to see more height in the shot. Perhaps a portrait view?

I'd get rid of the newspaper and also the rug in the bottom right corner, then maybe crop a little off the bottom.

You also seem to have some curtain rings with no curtain attached, i'd get rid of those.

Your Horizon line seems a little high too so have a look at dropping that.

it's getting there, but still has issues -

* for me it's still way too blurry.

* the horizon is still tilted.

* externally, the sand is too white (it's most off putting) and there's a strange vertical edge to the wave on the far right hand side.

* the camera is too low

To Stuart:

ThankYou for your advise.

Actually i did put the news paper to make the room look a little untidy so that it does not look unrealistic. Will post in a render without a newspaper. Also I shall definately remove the extra rings and crop the render from bottom a little so that i does not capture the rug and lower the horizon.

To Stephen:

ThankYou for replying,

Actually i used vray, IRmap preset=verylow, hsph divs to 30 and interp subdivs to 20. One light in the whole scene and Light cache subdivs to 800, no pre-filter, no filter and AA=1, min samples to 12 and Global subdivs multiplier to 1. May be the reder settings are very low so will work on high settings.

I will make the Horizon Horizontal.

The vertical wave that you are probably talking about is may be the reflection of the other glass!!

Will change the camera angle tooo.

Will post the new render in a couple of minutes..

Once again Thankyou to both of you..

Hello Everone,

This is my new render, View changed, camera to height of 5'6".

Horizon made straight.

Rings on the curtain rod removed.

NewsPaper removed.

Cropped a little from bottom.

Colour of sand set to a little yellow.

used IR with medium preset, AA=0.7, LC subdivs to 1200, Hsph samples to 50, interp subdivs to 30.

Some more C&C's please:)

Make the thickness of the glass table about 1/4". It looks to be a full inch and to me, a bit out of scale. Then bevel the edges and radius the corners.

There is also something strange with the aluminum frames for the exterior windows. It appears that the pane of glass isnt actually in the framework. It is hard to tell what is going on there. Perhaps I am just seeing it wrong.

You definitely have a very nice image working.

definitely getting better.

you might want to consider the composition and cropping - there's an awful lot of unwanted ceiling in the render. get rid of it.

and now your outside image is too under exposed. in fact, the whole render is flat and lacking contrast.

and i agree on Gary's comment about the glass table being way too thick.

To Gary:

ThankYou for replying to this thread.

I have hereby changed the thickness of the glass to 1/4 in. and added thickness to the window panes.

To Stephen:

As you said tht the ceiling need to be cropped, so i changed the camera angle. Camea's height is at 5.441' and target is at 3.18' off the floor.

somehow the view is looking a little cramped.

I have also increased the brightness of the image in the bg.

To Bradley :

ThankYou to you too for replying to this thread.

I shall definately try to find some more bg's and till then will be awaiting for more crits on this render..

ThankYou onc agin to All.:)

ThankYou Sawyer for replying.

Would just like to ask you that i am rendering this image as a portrait layout.

If I try to show something to the left, right, camera will move further towards the wall at the back and then the chairs wont be so clear. any idea abot how to do it?

Also a lot of portion of ceiling shall be visible that stephen said wont look good. So i am wondering how to get a good output?

The camera as i said is 5.533' and target is 3.138' off the ground.

I like the background image, it suits the render. However, I think you are stretching it vertically to fit the glazing(?) If it is the wrong size for you, just use the bit you need then replace the sky and use that to make it the correct proportions.

the materials are looking great - especially the floor - very believable

one thing that stands out for me is - the curtains that are hanging on the left window - are they meant to close off something or are they there for looks - because if they were fully closed - they wouldnt cover all that much of the window - it doesnt look like there enough fabric. so i would either fold the curtains up and move them over to the corner - or add more fabric and fold them up. At the moment they are quite a feature but they aren't very functional.

otherwise the image is coming along really nicely - its obviously a hot summer's day :)