Trouble with interior space.

braddewald

I like it, few things that come to mind..

The stools, you can see the segments in the cylinders, i would give them more segments, unless you ment for them to be like that. I would also give the cushions on them a bit of bump, or a bit more bump if they have some.

Maybe some light fittings in the roof etc.

The table to the left of the image, the close one looks very flat, maybe try and find a better material for it.

For some reason it feels very flat, which is a common problem i always get that problem haha. Anyways hope it helped a little.

While you're fixing the segmented bar stools, also take a look at the black trim under the table top on the left-hand foreground table, and the trim around the curved wood above the bar. They're both a little jagged as well. I'm not a v-ray user...yet, so I couldn't tell you how to go about adding good ambient occlusion, but my first glance at the image tells me that you could use some more contact shadows. Especially around the chair legs and wood contacting the floor. Another thing that could add some realism and depth would be to lower the curtains and hang them from some bars or something so they don't look like they're attached to the ceiling. I would also suggest adding a bump map to the foreground table top. Even if it's barely noticeable, it'll help with the contact of the wine glasses. Right now they almost have the illusion of floating. The image looks nice though. I really love the metal underneath the bar counter.

Thanks Tommy. I had also done some render elements but when I was compositing in PS I just wasn't satisfied so I only uploaded the RGB pass. Looks great with your PS though! I thought that the curtains looked good so I didn't want to overexpose them, I guess I'll have to find a way around this (I am thinking I should render a RenderID pass to get the curtains selected and then use it as a mask for photoshopping.) I'll render the next image tomorrow so I'll be posting in then.

Edited by braddewald
Can't render until tommorrow