two interiors

guiltybydesign

I think you have a good start with the lighting. One thing I would suggest is to start experimenting with some artificial light. Add some ceiling lights, maybe a standing lamp, something to add some interest. I think overall the lighting is nice, it's just a little too even & ambient. Adding some more lights will give some more contrast in dark / light areas. Keep it up!

I see. Well I experimented with mentalray + daylight ssytem(mrsun & mrsky)..it turns out good, but not so realistic..maybe I need some settings changed, cause I saw in the other thread the guy posted an itnerior and after 3-4 tries he got the settings of the lighting much better.

Or the 2nd option skylight+target area for more defined and sharp shadows..what type of shadows to use with the Target Area and what size/samples range/bias for the shadows?

I think as of now you have a good base to start from. You have an ambient setup going right now, so you really just need to build on that.

I would start adding some additional lights so that you can start getting some cast shadows, and some bouncing light in those ambient shadows. If you want to try shooting a light through the window to simulate some sun, or have some light fixtures in the ceiling or walls to get some additional lighting.

I personally like using target direct lights for sun simulating because that light shoots parallel rays, similar to the sun.

Basically what your scene is lacking right now is casting shadows, more light & dark areas, and some more color. I think when you begin to build on your base you will start seeing some nice effects, and more reactions from your materials.