HP Z600 - just tested

I don't quite know the exact specs but its got 8 cores. We got it from HP as a test loan and ... h*lycrap. This file I'm working on, I sent it to render and by the time I wandered down to see how it went. It'd already finished the job. It took about 3 minutes 38 seconds to crunch though the FG+photon calculations and rendered it (mental ray).

:eek:

I've also just started the same file rendering on my machine and its still chugging it out at 15.4% (computing FGP).

There are no words.

Yup, I have one of these on my desk now (the one Im typing this on), I got it with dual Quad Xeons, 12Gb RAM, 1GB Video, SSD's etc etc.

Its simply insane. I'm used to it now but wow, it tears through animations. My friend loaded up an animation he was having problems rendering. We just sat there, had a cup of tea, and it was half done, NICE!!!!

Hey Andy,

I have been contemplating buying a Z600 too! How much did that machine cost you?

Yup, I have one of these on my desk now (the one Im typing this on), I got it with dual Quad Xeons, 12Gb RAM, 1GB Video, SSD's etc etc.

Its simply insane. I'm used to it now but wow, it tears through animations. My friend loaded up an animation he was having problems rendering. We just sat there, had a cup of tea, and it was half done, NICE!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

... I gotta get myself one of these. We had it as a 2 Day loan from HP as a test. So I cant do anymore follow up analysis.

I want one for the home. ;P Yo Andy, how much was yours. PM me if you're shy about letting it out here. I heard its about 4kAUD. Anything that cuts down the time needed to do this work, is worth it imo.