Exterior - townhouses

Stan Zaslavsky

Hi Stan,

Nice work, as usual.

Random comments as I see things:

* nice bright, vibrant sky. Good ole PSD manager, eh? :)

* those are certainly uniform features on the house - I agree with your suggestion to the client

* Nice trees - fore and back ground

* Where does the Postie stick their letters?

* it's so big, it's hard to see details in the architecture

* the 2D people aren't bad

* cars help with scale, but I'd consider putting a radial motion blur in PS on the blue one's wheels

Hello Stan,

Because the distance it is hard to see some details, but maybe you can use some brickmaterials for the wall in front of the garden which has different colour/brightness for the individual bricks.

The roof also could use some different texture.

At last maybe you could change the reflection of the windows in photoshop, or place some cutains/detail.

Hi Stan.

Image is looking good so far! There aren't many things I can think of other than some detail on the roofs might give a little more realism to the image. This many roofs might make the computer struggle a bit but it's worth a try and I'm sure your new PC can handle it. Time to try proxies?

Your front yard bushes are looking a tad too bright. Perhaps try creating some masks with PSDmanager and insert some shrubs in post?

Showing a liiiiittle more foreground might open up the image a bit more. It feels a bit cramped at the moment. Don't add any more sky though, theres enough of that.

I always find that images uploaded to the forums lose a bit of detail. If you think your image is losing detail try uploading it to imageshack.us

It's a tricky angle to work with and I think you've done well.

thanks for all the constructive comments .. i'll see today what the client says about the current image and then will try to incorporate everything together

Joel - they've picked this view so there's not much I can do at this stage

Dave - PSD manager is a great little tool - it simplifies the workflow a lot and allows to bring everything out of Max in layers - either for masking or adjusting or other ways that i havent discovered yet :) Talk to Wacky - he's the expert at it.

WAcky - thanks for the comments - agree re bushes - could be a tad darker. for the final full image i will probably drop in some 2d plants with shadows.