interior with artificial ligting

max.m

hi there, i am engaged in getting know how about artifcial lighting. i dealed with vraylights and ies-lights a bit some time ago, but now i want to learn it comprehensive. this is the actual result of my tries. would be very thankfull for c+c to improve the image, and also the light design.

(there are some arefacts due to the low render settins)

I take it this is a raw render with no post-production work? I think the lighting arcs on the wall are good they have some nice variations. However the image is too flat, it needs more darkness and contrast to give a sense of depth. It is probably too bright at the moment?

The furniture in the conference room doesn't look convincing, maybe you could make this space more dynamic by clustering 5/6 chairs around a table and repeating this to fill the space. This would orientate the chairs differently to the camera and make the viewpoint more interesting.

I would also try to refine the materials further, maybe use some more specific maps and by adding different levels of reflectivity

Hope this help.

Toby

thanks for your suggestions, what do you mean exactly by "materials need to be set up for ies interior"? i agree that the materials could be better, especially the walls in the first room, but i would like to know what is missing and what i can do.

I would double the reflection on all materials, and if the wall material does not have a reflection, add one. An easy way to create some depth is to have the reflection pop.

Also, ...the horizon needs a lot of attention. It is not helping to give the image depth because their are no visual ques outside the window to create a sense of depth. At the minimum, you need a tree line, or building silhouettes on the horizon.