New Poster [had a username for years!]

dbanbery

Hello to all,

as title suggests, i have had a username on this forum and been on the cgarchitect website for a good few years. i initially signed up when i was doing my degree in Arch. Technology. now, five years down the line i am in my final stint on Architecture BA part 1.

I use AutoCAD in my work, and have done since i learnt it in 2002. i learnt some studio max before that when i should have been doing A-Levels! and i used it for my first degree. i also use sketchup and photoshop at work, and at university too.

regardless to using all these programs in the past/present, my studio max work was not amazingly great, and i having not used it properly since 2005, i am terribly out of practice.

with my final design year looming, i would like to brush up on my max skills on the lead up to september 2010 - i thought that this place would be a good place to be for this, as every single image i see on the forum/website pretty much blows me away with the skills of everyone, and the standard is extremely high. in my experience of UK digital illustration has been mixed. some places are really good but a lot i have seen aren't

anyways, i look forward to trying to put whatever i get out of this community back in, but in all honesty in such a skill rich community i feel i'll be lost!...

Some images, using sketchup and v-ray from my 2nd year project:

n514218152_1790148_7960545.jpg

n514218152_1790155_305474.jpg

n514218152_1790156_3523490.jpg

and this was done using a combination of archicad 7 and studio max back on 2003 ish:

n514218152_942783_577.jpg

compared to everything nowadays i have a long way to go, and my main issues when i was doing things with max was economical modelling [iE not too many polys] and materials - i find materials such a nebulus subject with so many words and terms that i dont understand that i used to simply play with settings until it looked right! i need a phrasebook!

anyways, cheers for looking, and i welcome any comment, criticism or not, and i look forward to being a part of the community for real this time !

cheers,

to be fair when i first registered i only used the website initially, and signed up to the newsletter etc. i probably had a look at the forum once, but i've literally only just started using the forum properly. i have been on so many different forums over the years, so its hard to keep track sometimes where i can post and cannot. this is the only forum i'm on that i can think of that has anything to do with my work. all others are hobby/car stuff.

so technically i am new, even though my joining date is years ago!!