Help me in configuration

myusuf

Hi, I just need your help.. Actually Rt now I am using a low configuration machine for 3ds max and vray for visualisation... I am having problems with high setting renders..Some one has suggested me to go for quad processor with 64 bit with a ram of 4GB or even 8 GB Ram. Can any one tell me whether this configuration is good or do u have some other configuration which suits well for highest settings of vray..

My current configuration is AMD athlon 3000 plus with a ram of 3GB.

Help would be greatly appreciated...

more is better. the most you can afford is best :)

a dual is better than a single core, a quad is better than a dual, an oct is better than a quad etc etc. like ram - 4 is better than 3, 6 is better than 4, 8 is better than 6 etc etc.

go for the most your can budget. ideally, and for a modest little budget, a quad core with 8 gig of ram, all running in 64 bit mode would be a nice starting point. not too expensive, and a decent rendering machine to boot.

you have a very old slow system in today's rendering environment. anything you chose or buy will be a massive step up from where you are now.

but also, the key to faster more effective rendering isn't just a faster computer, it's also your knowledge of how to optimise vray correctly will help. you can get superb quality realistic rendering from vray without high high settings. you just need the know-how ;)

the key to faster more effective rendering isn't just a faster computer, it's also your knowledge of how to optimise vray correctly will help. you can get superb quality realistic rendering from vray without high high settings. you just need the know-how ;)

Too right! Way too many people end up with huge rendering times on super high end machines. A very wise coworker once commented;

'new programmers are hacks, in the old days you had 64k of memory and compiling required booking the mainframe for the night, your code had to be perfect. Now you just write anything that might work, compile it in seconds and just hack it until it works'

Much the same applies to render settings.

thanks very much Stephen and Andy..Like stephen said my current machine is very slow..I will opt for the configuration he suggested, like quad core with 8GB ram..One more question...What abt graphic card..Do I need graphic card also? if yes then which one I should go in for..Thanks in advance..