Vray Soft and Light Shadow

architectgraphics

Hello

I am having trouble rendering light shadow using Vray. I just cannot do the light shadows as is done with the attached image(courtesy of 3dats).Maybe Brian Smith can give some pointers in this regard. The scenes that I render, the shadows become very dark and if I use area shadows it is still dark but soft which is still un-natural. It sometimes seems as if there is not enough GI or light bounces. Anyways, any help with making shadows light would be great using Vray Thanks.

Post your lighting, camera, and colour mapping settings, it looks like exponential or Reinhard with a medium burn setting.

Also when you say you use area shadows what do you mean? vray lights automatically are area shadows?

You can always use your shadow pass to lighten the shadows as well.

Hello everybody

I will listen to everyone:) for advice and help, but I especially admire Tommy L renders (that is the quality I am aiming for!) Attached you will find the image and the vray settings. I tried the size multiplier but it makes the shadows faded as it goes farther from the shadow object. I am looking for shadow quality that is not so hard and dark but sort of transparent like in real life. As you can see I only have the VraySun light and no fill lights, may fill lights??

expand the "environment" slot in the vray settings.

enable the first slot, and put a "vray sky" map in it to simulate the diffuse lighting of the atmosphere.

(also you might wanna try using the more simpler methods of rendering than vray sky; with direct light)

also increase the "photon emit radius" so it's greater than the main object of your 3d.

Edited by LuckyST

well there you go!

thats your problem, you arent using teh sun/sky properly - trying to light the indirect areas with just a sun will not work. add sky to reflect/environ slots

also its not a gamma issue and LWF is not going to help you.

well there you go!

thats your problem, you arent using teh sun/sky properly - trying to light the indirect areas with just a sun will not work. add sky to reflect/environ slots

also its not a gamma issue and LWF is not going to help you.

Listen to Nic ;)