Townhouse Interiors

Stan Zaslavsky

What are your limiting factors? Are you stuck with the wall material, furniture, etc..

Either way, if it were me, and I was trying to make the room look higher end, I might do all or some of the following....

- Down the lights overall, making the ceiling receive less light.

- Higher end furniture, especially couch and chair.

- More expensive / extravagant pieces of art. Possible even something that feels like an installation.

- Expensive contemporary hanging lights of some type. Creating a secondary light system should make the space feel more intimate also.

- Maybe some natural light pouring in through the windows. A warm natural light that you get late in the afternoon, early evening.

- More color. Could be accent walls, furniture, etc...

- Maybe an accent wall that is a different material.

- View that make the space feel more open and inviting, especially the second view.

- Higher end cabinets, maybe made of expensive wood.

- Luxury items in kitchen, espresso maker, All-Clad pans, expensive olive oils, etc..

- Exotic plant that is up-lit from below.

- Possible more extravagant shelves than what are shown, with higher end items, no DVD's etc...

- A runner rug, or something in the hall way.

- Maybe a New York Times on the counter.

- Larger rug in the living area. Rugs can be expensive, and can be inviting.

Anyway, maybe something in that list will help, or at least generate more ideas.

Edited by Crazy Homeless Guy

Hi Travis,

Thanks so much for your helpful comments - plenty of food for thought.

will post updates shortly.

the limiting factors are representing something as accurately as possible to the client's specifications and their reluctance to up-spec the details because it still has to be done within a certain budget. the choice of the finish for the flooring, benchtop and colour of the walls is set.

the rest is up to me to do as well as i can.

cheers,

• 2 weeks later...