Why do I lose detail in the textures

guiltybydesign

I used 3dsmax 2009, MR, Daylight system(mrsky+mrsun 4.0 multyplier) and 2 mromni lights.

render settings:

FG-200FGpoints, 1.0 FG points density,1bounce

GI-1000photons per sample.

1min-16max samples, Mitchell

In the table in the back..why the details are with such poor quality..you cant see the mug, the flowers too and the candles...I mean they are hardly recognizeable..and the two seats on the floor got some diffuse maps with .jpg files, but you cant see any of the texture-just pure colour..the stairs effect on the edges too..??

PS-thats not a final render in any way, a lot of objects dont have materials assigned to them.

I always turn off blur in the bitmap map.Rendering in hi-res such as 5K will take me a week to render it lol

And how to turn on/adjust AA in MR...WHen I used scanline renderer there was a SUPERSAMPLING option which was quite usefull..how to do that in MR(Supersampling or AA, whichever is better)

thanx

ok thanx

still about the AA and supersampling in MR...any tips?

It's the bit at the top of 'Renderer' in the render dialogue that's under "Sampling Quality" - 1 = 1 sample per pixel. 4 = 4 samples, etc etc. Typically for final renders you'll want at least 1/16, but for tests I find "1/4" / 4 is fine.

-are 800x600 and 1024x768 considered low resolutions for renders like that??

-also, does the scale/proprotions of the whole scene matter...I mean, does it matter if that room`s length is lets say 100units or 1000units...does it matter about the quality or the render time?

-In that scene, when I convertet the generic units into metric system, my room`s length was, I think somewhere around 30metres...is that too much, or not big enough, or OK?

Scale is very important when doing GI renders, doesn't matter if its imperial or metric, as long as it's to real world measuments.

That room would only be around 5 meters , not 30 meters.

Correct scale will also help with the lighting and texturing. Which have some major problems, especially that the sun and sky needs to be cranked up so high.

jhv

heres a little update..Im morwe satisfied now, although there are some strange stuff..there was a ceiling in the scene, which didnt render somehow, so I put one in Photoshop..also the wall next to the wardrobe is without texture...well its not a final render, so I`ll fix some stuff I render again

thats 2048x1536 original render, 500fg points I think, 1/16 AA..although there are some "stairs effect edges" here and there again...well here goes nothing

dsas.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...