Adding Thickness To Opacity Map?

Andris_B

Hi,

I have a problem with opacity map and I was really hopping someone could help me out... as seen on the image enclosed I have a wall and it's about 25mm thick and I want this wall to have these small dots but when I apply the texture with opacity map it doesn't fill the space between the inner & outer face of this wall and it looks like this wall has two skins but I need to apply a ''thickness'' to this geometry... is that possible to create a texture that would add a ''thickness'' to this wall?

Many Thanks!

hi

i don´t know about a thickness shader for vray (only mental ray). When you see the Object only from one side, try a displacement.

PS: i think it gives for vray a solid_volumen shader solution, that works too, when your object have a depth. Ask on the Chaos Group Forum for "Solid Volumen".

Edited by thorsten hartmann

I did model this all up as I thought initially that it would be the best option but my model turned out to be extremely heavy as there are literally thousands of these small dots? To reduce the size of this model I created another model by using 3d solid that I could replicate and instancing this texture like 3d model but ...OMG ... this was still very heavy for my PC and the only way I could possible do this pattern like wall is by using a texture map but I'm not sure how yet )