First house for show reel

Snareth

Hey.

Have started making a house to go in my show reel. Not to much to comment on at this stage(though feel free if there is). Since this is for my demo i'll be taking it slow to get it right. outside is pretty much blocked out(roughly), going to go room by room, starting with the kitchen and work my way outside. Hoping to make a walk though using unity or unreal engine once its done(hopefully).

Not sure if you guys care to much for wire frame screen shots, i think i may have gotten a bit excited to post something.:)

i'll be using maya and mental ray.

Edited by Snareth
poor grammer :)

So.....I ripped into the kitchen in the last few days. Definitely no where near finished....but some progress none the less. Next things to make are the stainless appliances and a glass splashback( is this still taste full??) C&C's are more than welcome. Chur:)

PS: still have to put overflows in the sinks, and my benchtop texture is a bit.....well you know.......

Edited by Snareth

Thanks guys...been called many things in my time robert, but never that:)hehe! Agreed the bench was to thick, slimed it down a bit, looks a bunch better. Small update, modeled the oven and cook top(still working on the shaders), worked the lighting a bit, and made the splash back(not really happy with it though). Next is the cabinets and dish washer. Thanks

hhhmmmm.......i was thinking it was a bit of a bohemeth when i was modeling it..... maybe im trying to make up for something:o hahahaha. oh well..biggers better right?? :D

Just working on the kitchen at the mo stanz, Going to do the interiors and work my way out, sound like a strange workflow, but i want to keep updating my demo reel with nice interiors as i go.Cheers

Edited by Snareth

Hey yall....

Been a bit of a slow week for the kitchen, but have made a little progress. Dishwasher, fridge and microwave have been made(still needs shader work), shrunk the gigantor oven:D it looked ridiculous when i put the fridge in there, so i took the middle burners out. changed the red wall(pointing out the obvious) i found the red a wee tad too much. next is the cabinets and start making all the little doo dads:) Cheers

hey mahorela, was looking at it thinking the same thing, I think it might have been the oversized oven giving me problems, so i shrunk it a little more. what do you think? anywhoo... Havent had much time to work on this this weekend between work and xmas i managed to get a couple of hour in:). little bit more light work, new bar stools, a couple 'o' untextured magazines in the bench. Until next time....and merry christmas everyone:p

No need to apologize mahorela, C&C's are always welcomed:D

well i figured out my occlusion problem with maya. almost finished with the kitchen, just a couple more things to add but i left them at work, will go over the kitchen again before final render time. Think i'll work on the living room next, and put my kitchen models on turbosquid:D chur.

So i have moved on from the kitchen for the time beingm, though it not finished so i'll be coming back to it for one last going over at the end. Have been working on the lounge room this weekend. Its getting there, but has a ways to go:) As always C&C's a more than welcomed. Cheers guys:)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words bobaki :) makes me feel all warm and cuddly:o hahaha!! i've relised with this house how much i enjoy doing arch viz over other types of 3d work. should have some updates soon for this one soon, have been having a bit of a break from maya over the holidays, but its about time to be getting back to it!! thanks again.

I am very honored to have you reply to my comment..I very very new to 3D Arch..I have been using maya for other reasons such as animating, game modelling and film stuff. At the moment i am trying to learn about 3D Arch viz, as it amazes me that i want to do it but i have attempted a scene in the attachement.. I dont know about measurements of the props compared to the room, if there is anyone to help, would be great.

I take no credit for the Props in the scene but i managed to get the lighting right to my understanding but still needs alot of work by the looks of the corner of the wall..

From now on i will be attempting alot of arch viz to get it right...

Cheers

Bobak

very cool Bobak, lighting is definatly getting there, though i would have to suggest making your props larger, at the moment they pretty small in comparison to the window. good start though, keep it up. maybe start a new thread for this, im sure the pro's would be happy to give you some tips.:)

• 4 weeks later...

ok....sorry for the long time no post. have been on holidays in australia for a few weeks( woot woot!!)but i home now(boooo!!!). Anywhoo..ive decided just to work with two images from this house for my show reel and move onto some other arch vis projects for my portfolio. these are the two images, the need alot of post work, but hopefully should come out ok.:) will update soon...