CG or/and Architecture??

STRAT

Hi HiHI

you may want a quick look at this thread -

http://www.cgarchitect.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000016

concerning when realism is required or not. similar to wat you're discussing.

your proffesor may also be right too, but what exactly do you want to do? personally i'm happy leaving the major design desitions to the architects i work with, even tho im architecturally trained. but in the real world i find wat my lecturers tought me is diferent than how it really happens.

in the real world dead lines loom, client's briefs exists, unorthodox short cuts must be taken, totally unrecognised working techniqhies will develop - all to get the job completed and to satisfy the client.

infact if my university proffesors could see my day to day working techniques most would have a heart attack! but as i said, i prefer the cg and presentation side of architecture than the design side of it.

ok, im rambling on a bit now so i'll be quiet:)

btw, there is a general architectural discussion forum at cgarchitecure right here! just look for the topic heading :)

Guest ywmang

Hi all,

I love this site very much. As an architecture student myself, I get to know what people on the other side of the world are doing so greatly on Architecture presentation.

I've been somehow "encouraged" to work hard on cg renderings, but slowly I feel that I'm beginning to miss the point.

The other day my professor reminded me I should be a designer more than a cg techician. Many can render good pictures but few can make good decision on its content.

I think CG for me is just a tool for clearly present my idea, and often a good and adequate presentation does not need all those high end radiosity or GI.

The new autodesk architectural desktop and Sketchup may seem a quick and easy tool for design, but still it comes down to what the drawer wants to do, to show off the technical skill or to present an idea.

I must say, what I really want to find out in this site is how people use the CG tools to effectively present ideas. I believe new tools should comes with new techniques.

I really looking forward to see a new discussion chapter in this forum that let people post their architecture design idea, their way of presentation and how how they utilise the cg tools to archieve it.

btw, I couldn't find any discussion forum focusing on architecture design and presentation. Does anyone have any links??

Thx!!! :rolleyes: