NEW CONTEST / CHALLENGE

edgemaster

It would be nice to be a design and rendering contest. Like the bridge. Because many of us are architects also. designing a futuristic architecture office for example. an interior view this time. bridge was exterior.

and an award would be nice. get some partners at SIGGRAPH ;)

• Administrators

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm on the fence about offering prizes for the competitions though. The main reason is that my intenton for the competitions are to allow people a chance to try new things, and most importantly learn. To me the motivation should be to learn, not get a prize. Just my 2 cents though. What does everyone else think?

The Prices dont have to be a "big things" maybe one CD of Dosh mats or RPC Library of peoples, cars, tress, etc etc , i dont know. or a special section in the main page . with de winer imagen and their page :)

The contest r great with or without prices .

to learn . rtfm :p

to challange the contest :)

Jeff is right on. The prize is the finished product and the stuff you learned along the way. I would suggest a hall of fame, where each contest's top 3 images are shown and perhaps a link to the artist's website or something along those lines.

Say 'No' to prizes!! biggrin2.gif

Hi all,

I think prizes are a must, but it does not have to be much because it's off phsycological value. A hall of fame is a nice thing, a t-shirt with 'I won a cgarchitect-contest' is fine too, or a certificate. Doesn't have to a free workstation of course (although that would be fine too ;-p)

rgds

nisus

Guest sturm

I think the train station is a very great idea. (I see pictures poping in my head)

for the price things, a kind of hall of fame could be interesting, giving the winners some visibility.

can wait for next contest

exterior was the last challange, maybe now a interior. ( futuristic museum, futurisitc office ) somthing with design we r Architects, we r CG. something with wahter and glass, and grass ( to use the tip and technique section ), somthing fuuny :)