Xref Scenes rendering with Vray problem?!

Winniman

I have a 3Ds Max file contains 2 Xref Scenes (which are max files as well), but when I trying to render with Vray then it stuck. If I turn the Xref off then the rendering works fine.

Does Xref Scenes support Vray rendering?

3Ds Max 2010 SP1, Vray 1.5 SP4

Thanks,

I have a 3Ds Max file contains 2 Xref Scenes (which are max files as well), but when I trying to render with Vray then it stuck. If I turn the Xref off then the rendering works fine.

Does Xref Scenes support Vray rendering?

3Ds Max 2010 SP1, Vray 1.5 SP4

Thanks,

We had that problem when there was a vray light material inside the xrefscene that had direct illumination enabled. Other than that - we use xrefscenes all the time - it's a great way to separate your scenes into smaller chunks for teams and a side effect is your saves / backups / network render submit times are reduced because the geometry is referenced.

We had that problem when there was a vray light material inside the xrefscene that had direct illumination enabled. Other than that - we use xrefscenes all the time - it's a great way to separate your scenes into smaller chunks for teams and a side effect is your saves / backups / network render submit times are reduced because the geometry is referenced.

Thanks guys,

Chris I do have a vray light material inside the xref Scenes with direct illumination enabled. I will turn it off and give it a try.