Exterior Apartment Rendering Vray

Malonec

Hey guys, I'm working on this exterior render of an apartment building to help beef up my portfolio and was wanting some critique/feedback on my results so far....textures, lighting etc...any comments and/or advice are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I'd start by toning down those colors. Both the brick and the yellow (stucco?) are super saturated. You can get RGB values from the Sherwin Willams website (for a yellow) and the brick you can sample from a photo.

Your asphalt texture looks like an itty bitty jpg stretched across the entire parking lot. I don't know how well it will tile but you'll find plenty of tutorial or threads describing how to put a noise texture in a mix map to blend multiple asphalt textures (people often use the same technique for bitmap grass).

Your parking stripes have thickness which is no good. I'm not sure how v-ray handles 0 inch extrudes but you can try that or make each stripe a single polygon.

For your lighting and composition I think that you should look to set your sun a little lower. From the looks of it, your shot is between 10 and 2 which tends to be harsh and cast some ugly shadows. Later in the day, you'll more interesting shadows and maybe some light penetrating into the hallways but the apartment units. Also, I would not recommend that you have the top of the building cut off up top. Its always been my experience that people prefer renderings with blue sky to asphalt so I'd get the camera lower and have it look up at the building.