DR missing textures problem

Smurfen

Just setup some new render nodes to render with the vray dr... the only problem is, is that it renders as if the maps were turned off... so i get squares without any textures....

[paths]

resolveuncpathsformappeddrives=1

resolvetorelative=1

= on

still doesnt work.......

all the mapped maps folders is exactly the same as the host...

and if i render the scene from one of the nodes it finds the maps and renders properly....

tried finding a solution for 2 days now....

thanks

Do all of your machines have access to the network drives that contain your maps? That could be your problem. The reason why it might be working when you render locally on the inidividual machines might be because you are logged onto those machines which would load your permissions when you login.

If that doesn't work I'd go into the asset tracker and strip all of the network paths and then manually assign them to the correct spot on the network.

E

The drives with textures/materials and such is on a seperate server which gets mapped by a .bat script so it shows up in "my computer" and you can save, delete and do whatever on them... just like on all the other machines here...

Okay... It seems that your .bat script is not working out for DR so I'd suggest you try the steps I outlined. If our script is somehow placing the maps onto you hard drive that is probably your problem. They need to be somewhere on the network where all machines in the DR can access them.

E

The script doesnt transfer anything over locally.....

Network here isnt big and its setup really simple...

Client-----|

|------[hub]---------[server with the materials/maps]

|

[Node1] [Node2] [more nodes....]

edit: that didnt really work.... everything is connected to a single hub...

all the nodes can access the server... no issues there.

Edited by Smurfen

• 10 months later...

Old thread I know. I have been searching here and the chaos forums for a couple days, but nobody seems to be answering the question. I have several nodes, and they are all logged in as the same user as my workstation, so permissions/credentials aren't the problem, so neither is access to the files. I did notice this in the V-ray help files:

"If you store the files on a network location (through network shares or mapped drives), keep in mind that the non-server versions of the Windows* operating systems impose a limit on the number of simultaneous accesses to any given file through the network. This may result in odd rectangle artifacts in the image if a render server fails to load a file."

Does that mean multiple machines cannot access the files at the same time? If so, that's stupid. How can we get around that? I don't want to paste my textures on every machine locally.

I would love to finally get to the bottom of this. Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm having this problem too, I've already copied all my textures to every host and nothing happens, keeps throwing gray squares.

I know my comment didn't helped at all but just for you to know that you're not alone with the problem haha, I hope to find a solution soon.