single render pass in Vray - distorted reflection in Vray

overwhelm4ever

hi guys ,

I ve been using vray for a while. Although I am fairly new into compositing render passes\elements. I am trying to render out single render passes like shadow pass or just the reflections but it always renders out the whole image again which I think takes a long time. I couldnt find a way to get a single render element rendered alone by itself.

I assume that when it renders the whole image it takes a million times longer than just rendering shadows or reflections or gi. That is why I am trying to get a single render element rendered.

I am actually very frustrated now if someone could show me the way I would greatly appreciate. most of the time it is like one checkbox somewhere.

also I do a lot of glazing facades and yet I just realized that most of the time my reflections are solid, sharp and mirror like while the real world has reflections like this:

flickr.com/photos/johnmcga/4118675988/

without distorting the actual geometry how can I get this effect with vray material settings?

Thank u in advance.

I was hoping for a more complicated solution but thanks man.

the noise bump kinda curves every single inch of reflection in a very homogenic way I think. the reflection in the photo has a little bit different chaotic distortion.

any ideas on how to get a single render pass?

Just mix a bump map to your preferences. You can always make a few blends in PS and use that for a custom wave to the glass. Or mix a couple of different procedural maps together. Maybe a radial gradient and a noise. Maybe add a fresnel using distance so there is flatter glass up close and more ripple further away. The map and look is really up to you and the situation. But the bump map is the fastest way to render this effect.