3DSmax crashing..need help!

barton

Hi everyone,

This may sound like a pretty obvious question....but I am having issues with 3ds max 2009 getting very slow in only slightly complex scenes (350 000 polys).... and then sometimes when I pan or zoom in the viewport max crashes completely!

Usually these scenes contain a few vray proxies of pretty complex trees or cars etc...not sure if that effects it?

I am using 3ds max 2009 64 bit, vista sp1, vray.... quad core Q6600, 8GB RAM and a GEFORCE 8800GT graphics card.

Could this be a problem with the graphics card as the more objects are visible in the viewport...the more it slows down. And if I use wireframe for all viewports it doesn't happen?

Any tips ot knowledge in this area would help as I'm not really sure whether its the complexity of the scene that is causing the slowness or if its a gpu related issue?

Surely the nvidia 8800gt could handle more complex scenes than this without probelms?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

This may sound like a pretty obvious question....but I am having issues with 3ds max 2009 getting very slow in only slightly complex scenes (350 000 polys).... and then sometimes when I pan or zoom in the viewport max crashes completely!

Usually these scenes contain a few vray proxies of pretty complex trees or cars etc...not sure if that effects it?

I am using 3ds max 2009 64 bit, vista sp1, vray.... quad core Q6600, 8GB RAM and a GEFORCE 8800GT graphics card.

Could this be a problem with the graphics card as the more objects are visible in the viewport...the more it slows down. And if I use wireframe for all viewports it doesn't happen?

Any tips ot knowledge in this area would help as I'm not really sure whether its the complexity of the scene that is causing the slowness or if its a gpu related issue?

Surely the nvidia 8800gt could handle more complex scenes than this without probelms?

Thanks!

Hi!!

Recently,I have faced same problem.Dont worry just go below links,and upadated all the drivers of 3ds Max 2009,I hope after the installation your issue may be solved.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9241178