Sky Coming Out Too Dark

heni30

Hi,

I'm playing around with exterior lighting on a free online model and I am using

vray sun with vray sky in both the max environment slot and the vray envronment slot (value of .3). I set the sun low and get a nice yellow tone but when I put the sun up high the sky is staying too dark like there's a tornado approaching. Any ideas what might be causing this? It's my first experimenting with vray sun and I'm not real familiar with it's parameters.

Any comments on lighting on building?

Thanks!

Thanks! I did find out how it works. It's just a chore sloshing through scattered threads.

First you put your vraysun into your scene and put the vraysky in the environment slot.

At this point the sky will be tied in to the sun; lower sun = more yellow sky, higher sun = bluer sky. Next you select a material in the material editor and choose vraysky for type of material. There will be a set of parameter for the vraysky materials. Choose "manual sun mode".

Drag this material over to the Environment Map slot (Instance).

Now you will have two separate controls. The vraysun parameters will affect the lighting on your building and the vraysky parameters (in manual mode) will affect the color and intensity of your sky separately.

The attached images illustrate this by showing the building lit by the same vraysun - one has the vraysky tied to the sun; the other has the sky controlled via the material editor.