CGarchitect T-Shirt Design Competition

Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

Later this year we will be launching the "CGarchitect Where in the World" competition. The rules for this competition are simple. You simply need to take a photo of yourself wearing your CGarchitect T-Shirt in a well known or original location in your home town or on your business or personal travels. (ie in front of the pyramids, the Bilbao, on your roof, the top of a skyscraper etc.) The winner of that competition will win $1000! However before we can launch the competition we need some T-shirts!

CGarchitect is hosting a T-Shirt and Track Jacket design competition over the next two months. Your task is to design the best looking t-shirt and jacket using the CGarchitect logo and your own additional design or text.

PRIZES

There are four categories to enter and the winner of each category will win $100 US cash, $200 US in rewards points in the CGarchitect Visualization Shoppe and a 10% discount on all products in the Shoppe for 1 year.

The submissions deadline is March 31, 2010.

For full competition details and specifications for the design, simply download the PDF attached to this post. If you have any questions, please post them here.

Edited by Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

Hi all,

I've been asked to comment on the inspiration of the logo to help guide the artistic direction. The logo was actually designed on a tournament site where different artists compete to win your support of their design. In the beginning my original ideas were quite different, but at the last minute one designer came up with the current logo concept.

I don't know for sure what their motivation was, but what I personally liked about it was the fact that the outline is that of a cube with a few edge indicators. The diagonal edge line took it out of the realm of being too literal and in combination with the slight gradient gave it a sense depth and interest. I wanted it to be a mark that hinted at architectural design, 3d and could stand the test of time by being simple enough and not following a hot logo trend.

Not sure if that will help, but that was the reasoning for my choosing this design over the 500 other submissions.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...