WIP-C&C-The Kite Shop

bluediablito

hello to all ..........

i am currently working on a project. the project name is "The Kite Shop"

Please feel free to comment on my work. any little comment will be appreciated, hopefully it will help me improve my project.

i am also looking for suggestion on how can i proved my work

things that i have issue with and i am open to suggestions

-my plans are in 3d but they do not show any hierarchy (any idea??)

-sections are plain would like to show more information

-working on photo-shop people but don't know were to find people other than (Google images )

-creating wave out of vray plane.....

project done in

3d mas 2009, vray, photo-shop.

anything that you may feel that i need to work on please feel free to comment..........

these are my elevations

Edited by bluediablito

I think the two people you have in the image work really well.

I also like the saturation, but a few might be slightly a little to saturated. They start to hurt my eyes. Mainly I am thinking of yhe third image in the first series. It makes me squint when looking at my monitor. ...and I was recently told my monitor calibration was undersaturated, so I can't imagine what it looks like on other screens.

Overall I think you could improve this series with three things...

1) Give the building more breathing room. It is really beautiful how it contrasts the sky,but I would expand the borders of the image, and allow more sky and water around the building.

2) Build a better dock, and dock piers with better textures. The one you have is holding your images back.

3) Try poche'ing the sections. This my a stylistic preference, but I wlays think they read better when they are poche'd.

StanZ

thank you for the comment and i will do that search now......any tips on how to blend in the people ?????? (i normally i have the problem of putting in people that wont look right in the images)

Crazy Homeless Guy

thank you for you c&C

i really like what you had to say ...... the one that was over saturated that hurts you eyes also hurts my eye when you come to think of it. (i had no sleep for 2 days only working on this project to present on Thursday.........to later find out class was cancel due to the snow storm lol...)

1.will try rendering at 1200x600 and showing more sky and water

2.any tips on how to attack the dock....as you can see all i did was create a rectangle and cylinders

3.when you say poche'ing how would i do this ( i did this in the past with autodesk impresion but the one that is out does not work with windows 7 64bit) in photoshop would you recommend me fading in the bottom floor and porchaing the actual floor?

thank you all for your comment will work hard to update my project

hi Jonathan,

the most important thing i found with people is that the scale has to be right. the lighting you can apply to them through photoshop to match up shadows and contrast - but if the people are too big or too small - then it really throws the viewer off the image

good luck and look forward to your next update

hello all ....i have tried a few things to fix my work

things that i have tried

-the docking texture

-change a simple thing on the dock (wont be able to see it on this image)

-change the size of the image.........more sky more water

-tried some water material ....still need work

-change the sky and added more stuff in the background

still need work

-found some people waiting to finish the rendering part to post work them in

-water material

-looking for a better docking design

-open to suggestions and comment to what to fix

tell me what you think (any one)

dunno what u realy want with u'r visu, realy. in terms of showing: the architecture; it works, the functionality; it works too, etc.

want a kind of drawing /sketch visu? u'r on the rigth path. want a realistic visu, you are not. as I explain u in the sea water thread.

about the people size, I normally draw with autocad in "real world" size, wether mm, cm, meters, etc, then import into max, then either make a box with a human size (high) and place it where the human pic or 3d human model would be located in the scene and then match the human size box with my human picture (in photoshop) or simply using the real 3d human mesh.

hope it helps.

I like the originals better too. I was thinking more blue and water around the image with the background you had. For me, it would have been striking in its simplicity of the image combined with the jarring colors of the architecture. Right now I think there is too much going on, and you don't really focus on the architecture.