Exterior for a townhouse

Stan Zaslavsky

Thanks for your comments Gilbert.

the reason for the car and the view is that i offered to the client two views and she picked this one. and then rather than having an empty driveway - i thought to put in a car there. that way i can bring a bit more life to the image.

let's see what the client thinks too.

This is a nice view, but I see a few things that I would fix.

1. Photoshop out the brick below the overhead door. You should be seeing the concrete floor of the garage.

2. The brownish wall material looks like it needs some sort of texture. Is it stucco? It just seems too smooth and a bump map would help.

3. The windows look very flat. It looks as if the wall, frame and glazing are all in the same plane.

4. Something also bothers me about the intense light coming from the fixtures on the porch. If they need to be on in the daytime, I would cut down the intensity. Or do a night view to showcase them.

Keep it up.

as with interiors there are areas in the model that will benifit from bounced light, such as the sofit's and entry area. Also with the introduction and influence of sky light will help make the image look more natural.

I like the contrast but its too strong resulting in loss of detail in the shadow areas.

jhv

Hey Stan

Like justin said wherever two corners meet, there is bouncing of light... and therefor GI would help in all those areas. There are techniques to fake it if you are looking to improve rendering times. If you're client is pleased with this now, I wouldn't complicate myself with it if I were you, but its something you might want to look into in the future to further improve your renders.